Monday, March 8, 2010

Spiltcoast Stampers CAS challenge

Here is my card for today's CAS challenge to use a new and different shape-abilities. I used what most consider scraps from cutting out the Top Note Die--the outside edge that remains. Layered it on my card and then used my Embosslits Sweetest Stem die to cut out leaves, and my 5-petal punch to punch out 2 flowers. I added on of Stampin Up new epoxy brads in the center to finish off the flower. My sentiment is from Stampin Up's Sale-A-Bration set Whimsical Words.

This card was made for my dear friends who lost their 17 year old son in an automobile accident this weekend. I hurt so deeply for them during this time of tragic loss. I have been amazed and the out pouring of love from friends and the community and the peace (the kind that "passes all understanding") that has been over them. Having two teenagers myself...this has made me more aware of my need to treasure every moment and love them deeply. When my son came home and I hugged him...one of those hugs that just goes on and one...he was like, "okay mom this is not at all wierd." I told him to just allow me....it is what I needed. Hug your loved ones today and treasure the moments!!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card, Deb. So sorry to hear about the loss of someone so young...We truly do need to remember to live and love each other daily!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails