Saturday, January 24, 2009


Saturday is an inspiration challenge over at SCS--today we are drawing our inspiration from Lang calendars. I decided to also use the Color Throwdown Challenge (Pink Passion, Kraft, and Black) and kill two birds with one stone. I love the collage look that Wingets Sketch has--that was my inspiration. I used my CB and Label 1 Nessties to cut out my main panel. I used Kraft DP and then added all sorts of images from all sorts of stamp sets. (If you want a list of the stamps I used go to My SCS Gallery) I then stamped my Butterfly on Whisper White and colored him in with Creamy Carmel and Pink Passion, using my Blender Pen and the tops of my ink pads. I added glitter highlights all over the butterfly with my clear glitter pen--it does not show up in the picture but in real life it is so eye catching. Next I cut out my butterfly and attached him only in the center so that his wings gone be raised a bit. I punched a slot out of my Label 1 layer and threaded some Pink Passion ribbon through and tied a knot. Then I layered it on black and another piece of Kraft DP. The sentiment that I added is from Wonderful Words, by Stampin' Up! This is one of my favorite sentiment sets--I hate that it has been retired, but atleast I have it!! I hope you like it! Everyone have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. It was "in pending" at SCS so I knew I'd find it here. It's beautiful. Love that butterfly and that collage look is great. Will check out that site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS, Deb! What a great idea--the collage. Love how you put the colors together. Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Deb! I love the vintage collage background--great use of these colors!
    Stop back again to play with us!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails