Saturday, August 6, 2022

A Blue Christmas Card in July

4 challenges inspired today's card...


As You See It // #AYSI280 ...A fill in the blank challenge!!  My favorite Christmas in July creation is_____.  A  snowflake CARD! I love snowflake cards...my guess is that is because I live in FL now and never get to see snow.

Jingle Bellies // #7.29.22 ...A Christmas challenge!!  The theme for this current challenge is...Blue Christmas!!  I used Stampin Up's Marina Mist and Night of Navy to create my Blue Christmas!!  Of course I had to use snowflakes to match the album cover.

Papercraft Challenges // #84 ...A theme challenge!!  Christmas in July is the theme for this month's challenge.  Merry Christmas!!

Try Stampin On Tuesday // #TSOT566 ...A sketch challenge!!  The optional twist for this challenge is polk-a-dots!!  I created my polk-a-dots by inking bubble wrap and pressing onto my base.







Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)




9 comments:

  1. Lol, I'm right there with you on the snowflakes, DJ! A perfect project for July in my opinion, and so pretty, too! Great crunchy ribbon! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you made your polka dot background with bubble wrap. Wonderful job with all the challenges this card is made for. The sketch worked great for all of them. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that background DJ - so creative! And such a pretty snowflake too, along with that pretty ruched gingham ribbon. Thanks for sharing with us at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a sweet little beauty! I love snowflakes until I have to shovel them! The ribbon ruched up on the side was a great idea and element of interest! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DJ, this is such a creative project! I was looking at the background and trying to decide how you did it, then I read all your comments! Bubble wrap! I have to try that! After the lovely snowflake, the first thing that caught my eye was that sweetly ruched gingham ribbon tucked under the black panel! Thanks for putting your jingle bells on in July for As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, your snowflake card popped up on my computer with perfect timing... it's going to be another 100+ day where I live! Love the effect you created with your bubble wrap polka dots. They bring a nice cool feel to your card with their light blue color. Thank you for sharing your card and winter breeze with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday for Challenge 566!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card. I love all of the details--the polka dots you created, the snowflake, and the ribbon. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, TSOT Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, what a lovely card. (re snow: i'd be very happy to send you all of our NJ precipitation next winter lol!!!!) So pleased you could join our Blue Christmas fun at Jingle Belles! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails