Tuesday, May 23, 2023

New Challenge @ Shopping Our Stash #SOS497

 


Today begins a new challenge at...

Shopping Our Stash // #SOS497 ...A "use from your stash" challenge!!  The theme for this challenge is "You're So Sweet"!  Lemons are not usually thought of as being sweet but when you make lemonade...SWEET it is!!  Yes, I was thinking a little outside the box...ice cream, cupcakes, or candy might be what first comes to your mind but today, LEMONADE it is!!  Because it is what I had in my stash, and it's summer...everyone needs a cold, sweet glass of lemonade on a hot, sunny day!!  What do you have in your stash that would fit our "You're So Sweet" challenge??  Dig around and join the fun!!  The rest of our design team has great inspiration for you...so hop on over to our blog and play along.

You're So Sweet // #SOS497

4 other challenges inspired today's card...

Try Stampin On Tuesday // #TSOT607 ...A sketch challenge!!  They also gave us an optional twist...Flower Power!!  That is why I added the citrus blossoms.  While this sketch was my starting point for today's card I took some liberties...using the jar of lemonade and a lemon on each side of it for my trio of circles called for in the sketch.


Hand Stamped Sentiments // #HSS414 ...An inspiration challenge!!  These photos of sweet summer beverages got me mixing up a batch of blueberry lemonade.

Addicted to Stamps & More // #446 ...A "make your mark" challenge!!  I made my mark stamping yellow on yellow, and using an aqua painter & ink pads to ink up my blossoms.

Inspired By Challenge // #IB238 ...An inspiration challenge!!  YELLOW was my inspiration from this challenge photo, that and the white blossoms.  Weather that calls for flip-flops, calls for a tall glass of sweet lemonade...a splash of blueberry just makes it extra special!!


Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVerison)




7 comments:

  1. Deb, I love your card! A unique take on our TSOT sketch and optional theme with a lovely combo of yellow and blue!! Thank you for sharing your card and creative talents once again with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is thinking outside the sweet box, super cute card, my image also was sitting coloured waiting for a card, nice to stash shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum, Deb - this looks so refreshing! Blueberry lemonade would be the bomb - now I have to make some to try it, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant take on the challenge. You're right about the lemonade though I'm one of the few who likes to suck lemons 😄

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card.
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this - perfect for our mood board this week. Thanks for playing along with us at HSS

    ReplyDelete
  7. DJ, that pink grounds this card in such a delicate way!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT!
    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails