Saturday, August 28, 2010

3 challenges in one.....

I needed a birthday card for my sister-in-law......so this is what I did....used the color combo from the Color Throwdown Challenge, the sketch from Mercy's blog, and the technique challenge from Soul Scrappers.....normally I would make a scrapbooking page for Soul Scrappers but since I had very little time this weekend for scrapping I decide I would use it on this much needed card!! The technique challenge was to use....Faux Cloisonne' I love this technique and used it on the flowers. The color challenge was Rose Red (my ribbon and the dp
for my flowers) Pear Pizzazz ( other dp, leaves and stem, cardstock layer on main image panel) So Saffron (inked center on the PP dp, center of the flower brad, 3rd type of dp) Pretty in Pink (cardstock layer and embossed piece). And last but not least.....the sketch.....there you have my card!! Play along with all three by clicking on the images for each challenge!!







4 comments:

  1. Deb, this card is very pretty, but then I always like your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, Deb! I haven't tried this technique yet, but love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...what a lovely card, Deb! I've never tried the Faux Cloisonne technique but your gorgeous flowers make me want to! Beautiful work as always :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Love the look of the flowers! I've always used magazine pages for Faux Cloisonne. I'll have to try it with patterned paper now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails