Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Daughter's Boyfriend

So my daughter's boyfriend (okay did I just say that out loud and put it in writing) is having surgery on his heart tomorrow (nothing major but scary all the same). His parents are one of our dearest and closest friends and we will be going with them to the hospital tomorrow.....my daughter thinks she should be able to skip school and be there as well!! Any way the challenge for today over at Spiltcoast Stampers was to use a photo for your card.....I knew right away what I wanted to do.....make his get well card out of this adorable photo I have of the two of them. So here you have my card for today's challenge.......I used the Friendly Words wheel (cut apart so that I can have all those cute little sentiments--see how here) to stamp on the photo--layered it on Night of Navy and then on an embossed piece of Basic Gray--added a silver heart tag charm and ribbon to finish it off. Maybe this will be one card he will not throw away....he can set it up in his room and have a picture of the two of them. Anyway I thought it turned out sweet. Say a prayer for him as you leave this blog site!! Thanks for stopping by....have a great day!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL....I will have a hard time typing those words when my daughter's turn comes!! Great picture of the two of them. May God guide the surgeon's hands as they operate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the card turned out. Hope that his recovery is smooth and fast (as the surgery is over now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, I love how you did the embossing on it. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails