Thursday, February 21, 2019

OLC...One Layer Card

The current challenge from Less Is More is to make a one layer card...just one!!  And they asked for the sentiment to be the focal point.  I just couldn't resist pulling out the stamp set from Verve...the size alone makes it perfect for this challenge.  I also decided to use the color combo from the Color Throwdown Challenge.  While I was playing I decided to dress it up a little and create another card that was layered up a bit.  I tried out the stamp and twist technique (ink your stamp...press on paper...twist in a complete circle) to create my background...almost looks like a smudged accident but the Wisteria Wonder ink was twisted intentionally.   Either one of these cards will work for the As You See It challenge as well...fill in the blank.  "When I think of simple, I think of plain ole ink & card stock!"

Materials used: Wisteria Wonder, Basic Gray, and Calypso Coral ink...Verve stamp...on 2nd card Wisteria Wonder Basic Gray and Calypso Coral card stock  

3 Gifts Challenge: (using Ann Voskamp's 1000 gifts daily prompts)  3 gift white...Fluffy clouds...our sandy beaches here in the Panhandle...popcorn!!

6 comments:

  1. I like your splattery, grungy stamped background. It makes a great backdrop for your sentiment. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your grungy, spattery fun background! That sentiment verse is perfect for it, too! Love it all! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at AYSI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great textured background and I really love your colour choices as well! Both layouts are terrific! Thanks for sharing these with us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great technique to create that background. I love the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along at Less Is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these! And I love that sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails