Saturday, November 14, 2020

Twofer Challenge #33 // TGIF Challenge #290 // Paper Craft Crew Challenge #401

 It is time for the Twofer challenge...


Two different designs, two different occasions, using the same stamps, stencils, and/or dies.  Twofer Challenge #33//Stars.  I decided to use my star border die and create a thank you card & a Christmas card.

This first card was also made for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge #401.  Once again their team has given us a fun sketch challenge with lots of pieces and parts. I used the boarder die to cut out two sets of stars in two different green colors along with a set of yellow (only used two of them...one to top the tree and one as an accent)

This second card was also made for the TGIF Challenge #TGIF401.  They offered us a sketch challenge this week.  Here is my take on their challenge.  I trimmed my green card stock that I cut the stars for the first card from and layered it on some yellow card stock.  I wish I would have sponged some green onto my oval sentiment...as is it kinda gets lost!!
  
#bethegift challenge:  Reach out across dividing lines and say "Hi" to someone who might be a little different from you!





6 comments:

  1. Your thank you card if very moving, DJ. What a wonderful card for a father to receive! And I love how you lined up the stars on your Christmas card to make a tree! All your other elements are perfect and both cards are great takes on the sketches! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #33! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two cards and your stars are used quite differently. The tree all done up and ready to go for the holidays is sweet and I am sure any father would love getting your second card. Thanks for joining in at Twofer Card Challenge33.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two FABULOUS cards DJ and I love how you used the stars so differently on both cards!! I love the image you used on the thank you card (what father wouldn't melt seeing that?!) and just the simple addition of the die cut strip showing the stars is perfect! And how CUTE is your stitched up Christmas tree made from stars?? LOVE it!! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever to fashion the stars into a tree on your first card, it's lovely in the traditional palette. Your second card evokes such vintage charm, thanks for sharing the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch this week, DJ! A tree made of stars is a great idea. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created two fabulous cards for this"twofer" challenge. Your thank you card is very special, and I like how you used stitching on your second card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails