Tuesday, September 5, 2023

2 Challenges // 2 Similar Sketches


 Card #1 inspired by 3 challenges...

Paper Craft Crew Challenges // #PCC533 ...A sketch challenge!!  This sketch is very similar to card #2 that called for Washi tape so I used it for this card as well...washi tape worked great for the diagonal lines.

The Paper Players // #PP656 ...A theme challenge!!  The theme for this challenge is "Four Legged Friends".  Can you find my four legged friend??  Do you see that cute little chipmunk hiding in my leaf?? 

{PIN}spirational Challenges // #305 ...A Pinterest inspired birthday challenge!!  For this current challenge they are looking for a birthday & leaves card inspired by this Pinterest photo.  




Card #2 inspired by 3 challenges...

Make My Monday // #MMM208 ...A theme challenge!!  HOBBIES!!  One of my hobbies is making cupcakes...not just any cupcake but filled cupcakes!!  They are always a hit!  Friends and family love finding the surprise filling in the middle!!

Alphabet Challenges // 26AUG23 ...An alphabet challenge!!  K is for Kitchen.  Kitchen is where I make my cupcakes.  Oh and boy do I make a mess!!   They may turn out yummy but the process is quite messy.

Try Stampin On Tuesday // TSOT622 ...A sketch challenge with a twist.  The optional twist for this current sketch is to use washi tape. Washi tape always works great to creating diagonal lines across a card...so of course I included the optional twist.





Update:
  This cupcake//hobby card was a winner over at Make My Monday!!!  Thanks to the design team members for the shout out on this fun birthday card.


Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)

11 comments:

  1. Super yum, DJ - love that fabulous cupcake, and love your hobby, too - we bakers have to stick together! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cupcake looks wonderful, the paper pieced frosting is done perfectly! Thanks for playing along at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your cupcake card, and I'd love to try one of your cupcakes. Your kitchen inspired creation has a wonderful CAS outline, and the retro patterns give such a classy vintage vibe. I like how the dark circle in the background looks like a tiny plate, and the prominent ribbon is such a great 3D element. The sentiment is fitting for so many occasions, and I'm sure that with a cupcake like that every celebration will be a blast. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cupcake Deb - it looks delicious! Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb - how come you didn't make me a cupcake when you met up? Just kidding. Thank you for submitting your creation with us at MMM hobbies challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DJ I almost missed that cute critter - and then there he was - so fun! Thanks for playing along with my theme over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DJ. I love your little critter hiding by the big, beautiful leaf!!!! Such a fun card. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So now I know about your hobby I really do wish you lived closer. I love your cupcake card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous paper piecing on your cupcake. A delicious card! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb, OMG you and I used the same washi tape on our cards! I love the texture of the icing on your cupcake!! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday, and including the washi tape option!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails