Friday, May 10, 2024

You're So Hip

 


3 challenges inspired today's card...

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge // #AHSC576 ...A sketch challenge!!  These sketch was perfect for pulling out some lace that my mom gave me...because she just "knew I could use it on a card".

Color Hues // #TCH86 ...A color challenge!!  Liliac and Lime are the colors called for in this challenge.  Two colors that I rarely use and I wasn't even sure how to use them.  So a retro take with a "Bug" is what I came up with...kinda hip, don't you think?!?

Alphabet Challenge // 3MAY2024 ...An alphabet challenge!!  C is for CAR!!  How about a hip purple "Bug"?!? 



Card #2 was inspired by 1 challenge...

Freshly Made Sketches // #FMS635 ...A sketch challenge!!  This sketch was perfect for starting my Father's Day stash.  Mother's day is this weekend so Father's Day is right around the corner.



Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)




11 comments:

  1. I have not put lace on my cards in years. This is darling and thanks for the reminder. I think your Love Bug is a perfect stamp with these colors. Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lilac love bug is very definitely retro and cute as can be. Using the lace was such a creative idea. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great Father's Day card! I love those fish and the rope they're attached to! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combo! And the lace is a great addition--nice texture! Thanks for sharing at AHS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute with the strip of lace! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fish and the rustic colors, patterns and twine on your Father's Day card! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the "bug" car, it was my first car, super cute! I love the added lace. Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card, Deb! I had few VW bugs when I was younger but none of them where a "hip" Lilac color lol! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just too cute! I love VW's! thanks for sharing this adorable card with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the idea of a purple beetle car. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great, fun design with the lace 'road' - fabulous idea!

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails