Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dear Jesus!!

Do you ever wonder if Jesus gets frustrated at what has become of His birthday?? I feel for all those out there that have December Birthdays. We went to a birthday party last night for one of our friends sons--they did a good job of making it special for him in the midst of all the Christmas celebrating at is happening. But as we talked we heard how hard it was to pick a date, decide on gifts, etc.--all because Christmas was right around the corner!! I challenge each of you to remember that Jesus is the Reason for the Season!! Let's celebrate His birth!!
Inspiration for my card came from the above piece:


Today SCS gave us and inspiration challenge: pull somthing from BLOCKPARTYPRESS as your inspiration for your card. I love these magnets shown above and it inpired this card:
My base is an embossed square card from Michaels. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss and cut out the 3 cupcake squares. I sponges the eadges of each of the squares with their own color: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, and Baja Breeze. As I mounted the squares, I laid a pink striped ribbon underneath and tied it. My sentiment is from a retired Stampin Up set--I don't remeber which set it came from because I only kept the 2 sentiment from the set and added to my box of sentiments. But I love both this Happy Birthday and the Thank You that came from the set.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!! In the hustle and bustle don't forget the reason for the reason--JESUS!! Happy Birthday, Dear Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails