Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Christmas X 2

 


Card #1 was inspired by 3 challenges...

Inspired By Challenges // #IB264 ...An inspiration challenge!!  The inspiration photo for this challenge had a colorful string of lings and some black & white twine, so I included both on my card.  When I saw this photo I right away thought of this box of trimmings being carried in from storage...a fun stamp from Newton's Nook.

Less Is More // #LIM497 ...An alphabet challenge!!  D is for Deck the Halls!!  How fun!!  Can you make a Deck the Halls card that is CAS?  Yes, you can with this fun trimming the tree image.

Never Before Used Schtuff // #NBUS56 ...A "never been used" challenge!!  This image from a Newton's Nook set has never been inked up until today!!  I love this chic carrying the box of holiday trims out of storage...we plan to do that this weekend!!

I must say...I don't think I will ever layer this image again!!  Cutting out those teeny tiny light bulbs was a killer!!






Card #2 was inspired by 3 challenges...

Inspire.Create.Challenge // #ICC156 ...A color challenge!!  Boho Blue, Lemon Lolly, and Moody Mauve.  So many possibilities!!  For me I created a wintery backdrop my my snowflake.

Global Design Project // #GDP422 ...A sketch challenge!!  A fun sketch.  I had created a background layer with the challenge colors for ICC's challenge and decided this sketch was perfect for showcasing it...so instead of using the whole layer, I punched out 4 squares from it.  Thanks for the inspiration!!

Just Add Ink // #JAI680 ...A "just add" challenge!!  For this current challenge we are to "add" alcohol!!  Several of the DT samples had us adding alcohol (as in drinks) images, but I decided to use actually alcohol (as in rubbing alcohol) in my background technique!!





Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)





6 comments:

  1. Two delightful makes ... I definitely feel your pain, layering those light bulbs but .. oh, so worth it!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your arty take on your challenge Deb. Your rubbing alcohol background is fab. Thanks for joining in with us again at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background has great visual texture Deb! Love how you topped it off with the snowflake too. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! Loving the cute image on the first one. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, What a fun card. A great use of the colors. Thanks for joining Inspire.Create,Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first card is so cute. Perfectly CAS and perfect for our LIM challenge. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails