Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wax paper resist with alittle twist.....


Wax paper resist with alittle twist....I made a ryhmn!! My daughter is the one who is into poetry not me but I did make alittle ryhmn this morning. So how does it work: take your wax paper and run it through your cuttlebug and then iron it with a hot iron--just layer a piece of typing paper,cardstock,wax paper, and then another sheet of typing paper--slowing iron over the paper--when you pull out your cardstock it will have an awesome pattern. Another technique I used on this card was coloring the stamp with markers--this give the two colors to the stamp image, but what do you do when there is no marker for Riding Hood Red??? Well simply, dip you aqua painter into a pool of ink from a reinker and color on the stamp just like you would with a maker--it works perfect!! So even when you do not have a marker to match you can still do this technique. My color combo today is Riding Hood Red, Always Artichoke, and Very Vanilla. Have a great day--Happy Stampin!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! Just found your blog! Love the music! Love your card today! I will have to try this technique... sounds and looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the technique -now I can go try it!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool technique, Deb! Love the card!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this card you made Deb. Now let's see if I can actually pull it off!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails