Tuesday, March 14, 2023

New Challenge @ Shopping Our Stash

 


Today begins a new challenge at...

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" #SOS492
Shopping Our Stash // #SOS492 ...A theme challenge!!  "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"...that is our theme for this new challenge!!  Oh and don't forget, we want you to shop your stash!!  Dig deep and find those stamps or embellishments that have gotten covered up and forgotten.  For my card, I pulled out Stampin Up's Over the Rainbow stamp set from 2015.  I also dug around for some cloud dies...these are from a newer set...Stampin Up's Wavers of Inspiration bundle that came out last year.  

Now it is your turn...shop your stash and find those items that will help you create a rainbow card.  We can't wait to see your take on our new challenge.  If you need additional inspiration, hop on over to our blog and check out the awesome cards the rest of the design team have made.


Today's card was also inspired by 2 additional challenges...

Just Us Girls Challenge // #JUG670 ...A word challenge!!  RAINBOW is the word of the week.  Remember that God gives us rainbows as a promise of hope!!

As You See It Challenge // #AYSI294 ...A theme challenge!!  Spring Cleaning is the theme for this challenge.  For this challenge we were asked to do some spring cleaning of our work space...you know, use up some of those scraps!!  I did just that and cut a frame from the hole left behind from cutting out a rectangle.  Since that die leaves behind a stitched rim it makes for a nice looking frame.




Card #2 inspired by 2 challenges...

Inspired By Challenges // #IB228 ...An inspiration challenge with an optional sketch!!  I used both the photo and the sketch as my inspiration for this card.  I decide to leave it blank, without a sentiment.  I'll add a sentiment later once I know who I will be using this card.  

Retro Rubber Challenges // #rrcb202 ...A retro challenge!!  Use stamps that are over a year old.  No stamps here but I did use a Stamp & Scrap set from Stampin Up that is over 10 years old. And since it is an "anything goes" challenge I figured this set would be fine!!  As I type this out I am wondering how bad my hoarding is...over 10 years...yikes!!  I am also amazed that these stickers are still working!!  Amazing!!





Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)




8 comments:

  1. Super cute "rainbow " card, nicely designed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful verse.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both so cute, Deb - so smart to make that rectangle into a frame! Those dies get us coming and going, lol, and I always leave that cut edge behind! Love the rainbow theme today, lol. And I totally think your stickers count for Retro - woo, that's an old kit! I think you might have a condition - a hoarding one, lol! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It AND Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this subtle look and the encouraging sentiment. I think we need that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your unique rainbow card, DJ. The cloud and rainbow is super cool. Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Deb - I've got lots of left over rectangles as well, and it's a great idea to use them for a frame! Thanks for joining our spring cleaning at As You It challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of using the leftover stitching to make a frame! And your rainbow is lovely, especially framed with those clouds! Thanks for spring cleaning with us at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think all of us crafters are hoarders! It feels great to give the old things some love. Nice use of a card scrap to make a frame. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails