Tuesday, January 14, 2020

What an honor to be a Visiting Librarian at the Library Challenge!!  This unique challenge site has become one of my favorites!!  Since I love books, reading, and libraries about as much as I love creating cards,  this challenge is just perfect for me!!  

The Library Challenge is a creative challenge that picks a book and then challenges participants to create a card inspired by the cover, the title, or the story.  As visiting librarian I got to pick the book for this challenge...I picked an American Classic...Where the Red Fern Grows.  The challenge started on Jan 5th and this is my second card...decided I wanted to use the "red fern" as my inspiration this time.  

I am also playing along with the "create dimension" challenge from Just Us Girls.  I gave both my base and my butterflies dimension using dimensional adhesives.  

#bethegift challenge: Keep track (or lose track) of how many people you make laugh today!!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I love your colors and that popped up butterfly is awesome. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Congrats on being the Visiting Librarian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. Not only do the panel and butterflies create dimension but so does the second generation stamping of your red fern. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi DJ - I hope you don't mind... I copied this stunning card and put it onto the The Library blog as a reminder post. You're such a great Visiting Librarian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well of course... ferns!!!! I'm slapping my forehead, DJ! This is so very beautiful!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails