Saturday, April 2, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #529 // As You See It #271

 Today's card was inspired by 2 challenges...


Freshly Made Sketches // #FMS529 ...A sketch challenge!!  This sketch was perfect for doing one of my new favorite things...Taking an invitation and making it into a card for the event.  I have done several wedding invites this spring but this is my first baby shower one.

As You See It // #AYSI271 ...A speed challenge!!  That is right, the challenge is to make your card in under 10 minutes.  This challenge also has a theme...Staying Dry!!  More than once I have been thankful for a tent to keep me dry when a rainstorm blew through.  Since I was just cutting and layering the original invitation this card took less than 6 minutes.



Verse of the Day:  (courtesy of YouVersion)




6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, DJ, this is fabulous, lol. You are so rocking the whole card recycle project, and who knew this would make such an adorable baby card, lol. I laughed out loud! A tent is the perfect weather shelter, lol - and great time! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great recycling DJ - especially for a speed challenge too! I too have been grateful for the safe haven of a tent to keep dry in my younger camping days so perfect on both counts! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing for a speed challenge, DJ, but I realize that our scrap bin is a speed stamper's best friend! I used it myself for the challenge! I thought of using a tent, too, since I have spent many a rainy camping day holed up in the shelter of a tent, keeping dry! Thanks for getting your adrenaline pumping with our speed challenge at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever this is! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea! Cute invite and even cuter card! Thanks for playing with our Speed Challenge this week at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi DJ! I love this! I remember when I was a kid - all I heard was don't touch the tent it will leak! So I really appreciate this card - tents do keep us dry! A delightful card! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails