Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Creative Corner Challenge/ Please Vote on the Background




The challenge for OCC was to use our favorite embellishment and create a card around it. I so love the silver hodgepodge hardware that I chose that. I love the large brads that come in that set and the sentiment frames--so here you have it!!

I have a debate going with my dear dear friend about whether it is better to use a black background or a white background for pictures. I don't like the way shadows show up when I use white but she thinks the color is better when you use white. I am taking a poll to see what you think. Leave a comment and let me know which you think looks better!! Happy Stampin!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty, love that flower, thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Like the black BG better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. white all the way girl!!!!!! hugs...I luv you no matter what color you chose...wink! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dark background :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Black background. It makes the card "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the black background helps the card "pop". Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally use both black and white, depending on the card colors. I like the black with your two coral cards and see what you mean about the shadows with the white. That flower is so gorgeous and guess what's on my wish list for next time?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to go with the black, as well. The other just causes the card to bleed into the background. Love the card, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Couldn't come and vote last night as DH wanted me to go and leave comments on a couple more cards in the SCS gallery. I like the black backing here. But I think it depends on the card, what colour background suits. A card that is mostly light looks better against a darker background, but cards with darker bases need a lighter background. I have a mini-studio that came with dark, light and red backgrounds; red is the only one I haven't used. But weather permitting I'd rather take pictures outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card! I think the background depends on the card. On this one, I prefer the light background. I've been using complementary colors for my pics of cards with white bases because the white gets lost against a white background. I've used yellow and green and the card photos very well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails