Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Two Cards on Tuesday

 



Card #1 inspired by 4 challenges...

Just Add Ink // #JAI660 ...A "Just Add" challenge!!  For this challenge we are JUST adding a die cut inlay.  What a fun technique!  I decided to inlay a starfish...I also used the starfish that I cut out so that it was obvious that I did an inlay and not just layer.

Inspired By // #IB245 ...An inspiration challenge!!  Sea decor is the inspiration for this challenge!!  Starfish and shells...for sure always part of sea decor!!

Less Is More // #LIM487 ...An alphabet challenge!!  B is for Beach!!  Where do you find starfish and shells??  At the BEACH!!  

Just Us Girls // #JUG687 ...A word challenge!!  SEASHELLS!!  This is a perfect challenge for me because I love seashells!!  It is so relaxing to spend time shelling!!  My house is full of seashells that I have collected.






Card #2 inspired by 2 challenges...

Never Before Used Schtuff // #NBUS52 ...A "never been used" challenge!! Yep that is right...find something in your stash that has never been used or a new set of stamps that has never been inked up.  I won a set of stamps from the Jingle Belles and this sentiment is out of that set.  Today is the first it has been inked.
Try Stampin on Tuesday // #TSOT614
...A sketch challenge!!  There was an optional twist added to this challenge...CAMPFIRE!  So, I made a campfire using my Whale builder punch!!   
                                                                                         
Update: 
How fun!!  This card was chosen as a "top 3" by the TSOT team.  Thanks for the shout out on my campfire card.  Four challenges in a row...what an honor!!

Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)

9 comments:

  1. Fun card, Deb! I love the mix of papers and that you incorporated starfish in your design. There is something about those sea creatures that intrigue me. Thanks for being with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your unique idea to die cut the seashells out of patterned paper Deb. And they are the colors in nature, so that is a bonus! Thanks for joining us this week at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun card! Love the creative campfire! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute starfish die! I love how you've used it on your fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever! Imagine, using a whale builder punch to create a campfire! Pure genius. I like how the sentiment is repeated three times, like the three horizontal strips. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two totally fabulous makes

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Card #1 - awesome take on the challenge. Thanks for playing at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deb, what a clever card using BOTH out TSOT sketch and theme! I would never have thought to use the whale punch for the flames!! Thank you for always inspiring us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails