Sunday, August 6, 2023

New Challenge @ Sunday Stamps #SSC315


 


Card #1 is for the new challenge at...

Sunday Stamps // #SSC315 ...A color palette challenge!!  From this photo inspired color palette of 5 colors, use at least 3 of the colors to create a card.  These colorful dinghies that are floating together in water had me reaching for Stampin Up's By the Dock bundle so that I too to use a dinghy.  I ended up using all 5 colors in my scene but you only need to use 3 of them.  I can't wait to see how this photo and color palette inspire you.  Hop on over to our blog, gather up some inspiration from the rest of the design team, and then join the fun and play along with us.  

This card also works perfectly for....

The Paper Players // #PP652 ...A theme challenge!!  The theme for their challenge that started today is "hot fun in the summertime".  A dinghy out on the water is some true summertime fun and since you are moving slower than a motor boat it will be HOT!!

Card #2 inspired by 2 challenges...

Hand Stamped Sentiments // #HSS419 ...A sketch challenge!!  I love this corner sketch.  A great sketch for using up more of my designer papers.  

Once Upon A Time Challenge // #OUAT13 ...A book challenge!!  Use the book's cover or story to inspire your card.  The book that we are given for inspiration this month is...It Feels Good To Be Yourself by Theresa Thorn.  The colors and florals on the cover were my inspiration.  I also picked a sentiment that I thought matched the theme of this book.


Update:
  How exciting to see that this card was chosen as a winner over at the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge!  Thanks to the design team members for the shout out on my card!


Card #3 inspired by 2 challenges...

Color Throwdown Challenges // #ctd754 ...A color challenge!!  The colors for this current challenge...green, kraft, and white.  I used a used a kraft based card & ink, Whisper White card stock, and Pear Pizzazz ink & cardstock.

Paper Craft Crew Challenge // #PCC529 ...A tic-tac-toe challenge.  My winning three in a row on this game board: watercolor, markers, ribbon.  Thanks for a fun game board to inspire our creativity.



Verse of the Day:
(courtesy of YouVersion)




9 comments:

  1. Awesome cards!!! Thanks so much for participating in my ONCE UPON A TIME challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming in here to comment for both challenges Deb - Hand Stamped Sentiments and Once Upon a Time. I love your card - those papers look like vintage wallpaper and give the card a lovely vintage feel. Well done on joining in with our Once Upon a Time and I think that sentiment is perfect for the challenge - not an easy challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, Deb! You so rocked our colors at SSC - I was stumped, lol. Your perfect scene helped me keep going, lol. And love your take on our sketch - what beautiful papers! Great job - so elegant! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty paper that you used for the sketch challenge! I love the fun layers that you used. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiment challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, I just love this card. The boat, the sunrise and the sentiment are just perfect! Great color combo and the scene is so calming! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, the soft panel colors of your patterned paper really evoke the shabby chic look you created with the HSS sketch. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on a creative roll! Love the trio of potted plants using the throwdown colors! Always love seeing your entries in the CTD gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful use of challenge colors for your row boat card! Just a lovely CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! I love how you made a spot light effect of the sky. So dang pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails