Sunday, January 21, 2024

New Challenge @ Sunday Stamps #SSC327

 


Today begins a new challenge at...

Sunday Stamps // #SSC327 ...A color challenge!!  From our "Feeling Earthy" color palette of 5 colors, choose at least 3 to include on your card.  I used the gray, the red, and peach, and the green...and picked the sea portion of the earth!!  I did a little bit of hand stitching to add some dimension to my card...love the stitched corner frame but I'm not too thrilled with how large my french knot eyes turned out.

Now it is your turn to play along!!  Hop on over to our blog for all the details about this challenge and to gather additional inspiration from the other design team members...they have some great cards in this "Feeling Earthy" color palette!!


Two other challenges inspired today's card...

Alphabet Challenge // 12JAN2024 ...An alphabet challenge!!  U is for "under something"!!  For me that is UNDER THE SEA!!  I love the water and I have really missed being at the beach this winter.  Usually here in my part of Florida we can enjoy it at the end of December and first of January but not this year...it has been too windy and/or too cold.

Papercraft Challenges // #PC102 ...An "anything goes" challenge!!  With a wide open theme like this I could add each of my daily cards!!


Card #2 was inspired by 3 challenges...

INKspirational Challenges // #IC307 ...A technique challenge!!  Use stencils...at least two of them!!  A new stencil that give a watery look & a brick stencil are the two stencils that I picked for this card.

Colorful Options // JAN2024 ...A monthly color challenge!!  Blue Lagoon is the theme of this color challenge with a color palette of blues, pinks, purples, and greens.  I love the magical feel these colors created on my card.  I decided not to add a sentiment to the front of the card...left that to be decided when I use it!!

Never Before Used Schtuff // #NBUS58 ...A "never been used" challenge!!  The watery design stencil was inked up for the first time ever on this card.  I love the magical feel this stencil gives to this card...wait is the the colors or the stencils that creates the magical feel??  Or maybe it is just me missing the water so much that this card magically takes me to that place!!??!!




Verse of the Day:
(courtesy of YouVersion)




6 comments:

  1. Love that octopus stamp and your under the sea scene, too bad your weather has been too cold for the beach! Even here in AZ we've been way colder than normal and I don't like it! Thanks for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee, I've always loved that octopus! He's so awesome in the peach color - a super cute and colorful underwater scene! That stitching is so fun - and I so dig that sparkly seaweed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a creative way to use the color inspiration board on this cool undersea card. Love that octopus and sparkly seaweed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great nautical card! The octopus is so much fun on your card. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. I adore all the texture! Thank you so much for joining us at Colorful Options.

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, stitching on your card? I love that! I haven't stitched on a card for years, and I love the little corner you created.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails