Tuesday, August 1, 2023

New Challenge @ Shopping Our Stash #SOS502


 Today begins a new challenge at...

Shopping Our Stash // #SOS502 ...A theme challenge using up your stash!!  We want you to show us your favorite vacation destination - real or imagined. It can be anything from beach, campground, Paris, Honolulu to outer space or even your own couch.  For me it was camping with our kids!!  There is just something special about family time around a campfire...talking, laughing, and roasting s'mores!!  We starting out camping in a tent, moved to a pop up, graduated to a hard shell and then upgraded to a kiwi...so many sweet vacation memories!!  Unfortunately, Hurricane Michael crushed our kiwi and that has ended our camping.  I do miss camping but with our kids now grown and gone we chose not to replace our camper.  

Now on to how I shopped my stash...our last challenge was all about "no stamping" and I dove deep for that challenge and found a large assortment of Simply Scrapping leftovers from my scrapbooking days.  During that dig into my stash, I found this  camping set of Simply Scrapping stickers that was perfect for this new challenge!!


What about you??  What is your favorite vacation destination??  I am excited to see and hear about your favorite vacation destination and how you shopped your stash.  Hop on over to our blog, get all the details for this new challenge, check out the rest of the design team creations, and then play along with us!!


Today's card was also inspired by...

Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge // #SC964 ...A sketch challenge that worked perfectly for showcasing my favorite vacation destination.  I chose Basic Black as my backdrop to give my card a nighttime feel.


Card #2 inspired by 3 challenges...

Just Add Ink // #JAI663 ...A "choose two" challenge!!  From the three elements given...choose two!!  I picked splattlers & gingham.  

Inspire.Create.Challenges // #ICC148 ...A color challenge!!  Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, and Lemon Lolly are the colors called for in this challenge!!

Inspired By Challenge // #IB248 ...An inspiration challenge!!  They have given us a photo to inspire our creation and also an optional sketch.  I decided to use both for today's 2nd card.





Update:
This card was chosen by the Inspire.Create.Challenge team as the winner of their color challenge!!  What an honor!!  Thanks to the design team members for the shout out on my card.


Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a super-cute, super-fun Campfire Card! this is a brilliant take on our VACATION DESTINATION challenge at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, What a great use of the color combo! I love the coffee splatters. Well done. Thanks for participating with Inspire.Create.Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful way to use the Choose Two elements - a great take on the Challenge. A lovely sentiment too. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the platters Deb, they work beautifully with your coffee inspired project. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink. Nikki-JAI design team.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of wonderful card. Love the cluster on the second one. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely use of our colors! Love all the different elements! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails