Wednesday, October 25, 2023

2 Cards for Hump Day...Happy Wednesday!

Card #1 inspired by 2 challenges...

Less Is More // #LIM494 ...A "one layer" card challenge with a HELLO SUNSHINE theme.  I struggle with single layer cards but I love the sunshine theme, so I made it work.  Not once but twice, this is my second card for this challenge.  Stenciling is a great technique for single layer cards.

Color Hues Challenge // #TCH74 ...A color challenge!!  Yellow & Kraft are the colors called for in this challenge.  Sounds like sunshine and sand to me...right?!?  For my color duo, I used Stampin Up inks...More Mustard & Soft Suede.


Update:
This card was chosen as a "top three" by the Less Is More design team.  A big thank you to them for the shout out on my card.

Card #2 inspired by 3 challenges... 

Caffeinated Christmas Challenges // #CCC22 ...A year round Christmas challenge that is all about coffee!!  This challenge has a gnome theme.  I was so excited when I won this gnome dies set from Nancy over at the Just Us Girls challenge blog...knew right away that I wanted to use them for this challenge!!  So...I made this great coffee and gnome card for this challenge but forgot it was a Christmas challenge.  I just had the coffee & gnome theme in my head...oh well that just meant I had to made another gnome and coffee card with a Christmas theme and not a pumpkin latte fall theme.  No worries...more play time with my new dies!!

CAS Colours & Sketch // #523 ...A sketch challenge!!  A slimline sketch chalenge!!  My "white space" on this CAS card is actually green this time.  I had to hold my card to get the lighting right for my sentiment to show up...photographing metallic items is NOT my strong suit!!

Never Before Used Schtuff // #NBUS55 ...A "never been used" challenge!!  Use brand new items that haven't been used yet or those stashed away items that have been forgotten...this challenge wants to see them.  Today, it is a new item that I recently won.  I know I already used parts of this new die set in a fall themed gnome card but today I used several of the dies that didn't get used on that fall card...the pompom on the hat & the snowflakes.  Those 2 dies did not get used on that card so they are my "never been used" items on this card.





Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)



10 comments:

  1. WOW! That sunset on the beach--beautiful! Makes me wish I was in Cancun!! Thanks for sharing at LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Simple yet so effective and beautifully executed! Great use of the challenge colors. Thank you so much for making my chosen colors shine !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun coffee lovin' gnome! Thanks so much for joining us for the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine and sand never occurred to me, but how perfect is that for our Yellow and Kraft challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the queen of CAS scenes, Deb! Such a great card. I spy another gnome as well. Glad you are enjoying your new set. Thanks for being in the gallery at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stenciled one-layer sunshine card is fantastic, Deb! And seeing a bright gnome Christmas card design always puts me in a cheerful mood! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to combine the two challenges, Deb! I love your summery scene, including the 2nd generation stamping of the palm trees. Thank so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb great cards as usual but your Color Hues is gorgeous! The stenciling for a one layer card is beautifully done! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - love your OLC. The stencilling and colour blending is super. Thanks for playing along with us again at Less is More.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sunshine card is really amazing! Also, the gnome card is so cute and adorable! Thank you for playing with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails