Thursday, June 8, 2023

Vintage Butterflies

 


4 challenges inspired today's card...

Try Stampin On Tuesday // #TSOT609 ...A sketch challenge!!  Every card needs a starting point and I think sketch challenges make a great starting point.  For this current sketch we were given the options of using a butterfly theme...I did just that!!

Papercraft Challenge // #PC94 ...A theme challenge!!  THINGS WITH WINGS is the theme of this challenge.  I decided to use a trio of butterflies for my "thing with wings".

TicTacToe Challenge // #tttc211 ...A game board challenge!!  My winning three in a row on this game board: butterfly, embossing, and diecut.  I used an embosslits folder that covered all three of these squares...it embosses and die cuts all at them same time and it just so happens that I have a butterfly one from back in the day.


Retro Rubber Challenges // #rrcb208 ...A color challenge!!  The colors called for in this challenge: pink, green, and brown.  Not only are we suppose to use these colors but we are also suppose to use stamps over a year old.  Well...this embosslits folder is from back in 2008, the designer papers are over 9 years old, and the sentiment was from a clearance rack at Hobby Lobby...I think I have the retro element covered!!




Remember my post from Saturday?? This is my last tablet of designer papers that was discovered in a box that had never been unpacked from our move to FL nine years ago...Never Before Used Schtuff!! 


Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)



4 comments:

  1. So pretty--love how you've combined all the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, Deb, you were retro all over the place today, lol. What a great design - I think I still have those butterflies myself, lol. Such a beautiful take on the colors, too! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card! Thank you for taking part in our "Things With Wings" challenge and for sharing your talent with us over at Papercraft Challenges. Have a fabulous day and happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful take on the colours, I love it, it feels very rustic and the butterfly is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire RR DT x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails