Saturday, June 17, 2023

Wrong Gray....OOPS

 


Today's card was inspired by 2 challenges...

CAS Colours & Sketches // #513 ...A color challenge!!  Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, and Basic Gray!!  This is where I used the wrong gray!!  It wasn't until I have all my flowers cut out and glued together that I realized I had used Smokey Slate instead of Basic Gray...OOPS!!  I just kept at it and used Basic Gray for my sentiment (die cut sentiment using Basic Gray) and trio of embellishments (hand crafted layered dots using Blushing Bride and Basic Gray).  Hoping the challenge police won't boot me out...because it turned out beautiful!!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch // #AHSC529 ...A sketch challenge!!  A perfect sketch for showcasing these beautiful floral dies from Spellbinders.  I love a great sketch...starting point for inspiring a card...and AHSC gives us some great sketch challenges!!



Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)



9 comments:

  1. Hi friend! Love your take on our sketch at Atlantic Heart Sketch! Hope your journey back home was safe and you enjoyed your time here in Chicagoland! until next time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty arrangement of blooms. Fantastic CAS card, Deb. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No censorship here Deb - your blooms look great and I have pulled the wrong shade of a colour more than once before for a colour challenge, for sure! Love your layout too. Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slip in color…..No worries at all, it’s happened to me more to once and I’m just really happy to see I am not the only one that’s does this! Regardless it is still a beautiful card. Thanks for joking us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous! We have all made little oopsies like that when working on challenges, you still got the colour in and had you not mentioned it I would have thought it was intentional to add depth! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Deb, I love how the sentiment floats over the grey patterned circle and connects to the spray of flowers, very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card Deb! Flowers always make me happy and yours aren't different - they look great in our challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job combining the challenges. Love your floral cluster. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the sketch on this wonderful card. Love the colors on the challenge and how they inspired the card too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails