Monday, November 27, 2023

A Christmas Card & A Baby Card



 Card #1 inspired by 4 challenges...

Color Throwdown Challenge // #ctd770 ...A color challenge!!  Dark green, yellow green, and black are the color called for in this challenge.

Freshly Made Sketches // #FMS613 ...A sketch challenge!!  This sketch was perfect for showcasing this jumbo ribbon that I have been hoarding.  This ribbon has long been retired from Stampin Up but I love it.

TGIF Challenges // #tgif448 ...A theme challenge!!  What is your favorite Christmas song??  O Christmas Tree!!  Actually I love them all...but when it came to making a card, I picked O Christmas Tree.

Retro Rubber Challenges // #rrcb220 ...A tic-tac-toe challenge!!  My winning three in a row are trees (stamped trees & die cut trees), patterned paper (sheet music from an old song book), and ribbon/twine (both ribbon &twine).  This challenge also wants us to use stamps that are over a year old.  My stamped tree came from Stampin Up's Winter Woods set that came out in 2020.




Update:
This card was chosen by the Retro Rubber team as a "Top Pick"!!  What an honor!!  I am super excited because in there last challenge my card was also chosen...two challenges in a row!!  What an honor!!



Card #2 inspired by 3 challenges...

Once Upon A Time Challenges // #OUAT16 ...A monthly challenge inspired by a book!!  The book given to us as our inspiration for November is The Thank You Book by Mo Willems.  The elephant and the pink & teal on the cover were my inspiration.

Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge // #SC982 ...A sketch challenge!  This fun sketch was perfect for showcasing my pair of twinning elephants!!

Tic Tac Toe Challenges // #tttc236 ...A game board challenge!!  My winning three in a row on this game board: critters, die cut, layers!!  A winning combination for this baby card!!




Update: This card was chosen as a "Top 3" by the Once Upon A Time design team.  What an honor to have both of these cards chosen by different design teams.  I always get so excited when one of my cards are spotlighted.  So I got extra excited when both cards from this post got picked!!


Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)




8 comments:

  1. I love the music background with the stamped and die cut trees! The bold stripe along the bottom looks fabulous with it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I remember that ribbon so well and it's a very striking accent to your beautiful tree card! Way to rock all 4 challenges! Always love seeing your entries in the CTD gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sheet music, trees and gorgeous striped ribbon are fighting it out to be my favorite element of this fabulous design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Deb - I love your tree card for us! Perfect marriage of all the details - what a cool "wrap" with that ribbon! Great way to use the wide stuff! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty cards! Love the musical paper and that big black striped ribbon! So festive! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Deb! I love the baby card you made for us - that little elephant is adorable! Thank you for coming to play with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card, the sheet music is wonderful. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails