Tuesday, November 7, 2023

New Challenge @ Shopping Our Stash #SOS509

 


Today begins a new challenge at...

Shopping Our Stash // #SOS509 ...A "shop your stash challenge" with an embossing theme!!  Embossing...it can be dry embossing, embossing with a folder, or heat embossing.  You pick!!  If you are feeling adventuresome use multiple types of embossing on your card.  That is what I did!!  I used an embossing folder for my background and I used heat embossing for my sentiment.  How did I shop my stash...these corn stalk dies get forgotten about about and haven't been used in forever!!

#SOS509 // Embossing 
Now it is your turn...dig into your stash a find those items that bring embossing to your card.  I can't wait to see what you create for our new challenge.  Hop on over to our blog and check out all the details and be inspired by the other embossing creations from our design team.  It is a fun, new challenge and we hope you will play along with us.

4 other challenges inspired today's card...

Just Add Ink // JAI677 ...A sketch challenge!!  This sketch is perfect for pairing up a sentiment panel along with a scene panel.  I used a set of rectangles instead of squares...I hope that is okay!!

FarmQuest Challenges // #FQCB39 ...A theme challenge!! CORN!!  I dug out these corn stalk dies that have been retired from Stampin Up.  They were part of the Hey, Chic bundle.  I got a little punny with my sentiment...I am guessing this sentiment usually gets paired up with flowers being picked but decided it would work with corn cobs today!??!  I have a sweet "farmer's wife" friend who will appreciate the sentiment being used this way!!

The Paper Players // #PP665 ...A theme challenge!!  "Let's Give Thanks" is the theme for this challenge!!  Let's give thanks for those friends me have and make a card and let them know we are thankful for them.  It takes a village and we need to be letting our "village" know that we are thankful for them.

Inspired By Challenge // #IB261 ...A photo inspired challenge with an optional sketch.  The inspiration that I drew from the photo...the mustard color (my corn & chicks) and the diamond shapes (my embossed background).  The sketch for this challenge was so similar to the one from JAI that you can say I used that optional element as well.



Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)


5 comments:

  1. Very cute Deb! Love those little chicks and design elements. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the texture. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! DJ: your card is a-maize-ing!!! I like a clever pun, too! :) Thanks for incorporating our corn theme with the others you selected! The combination turned out excellently! for FQCB, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and cute card! Such sweet little chicks. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card , congrats ☺️💐 have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails