Sunday, February 13, 2022

CAS Colours & Sketches #456 // CASology #456 // Color Throwdown #679 // As You See It #268

2 cards...

Card #1 was inspired by 2 challlenges...

CAS Colours & Sketches // #CC&S456 ...A sketch challenge!! For the ovals in this sketch I used 2 fish and some die cut seaweed.  Both from the Seas the Day set that I just got from Stampin Up!!  As you can tell I am having a hard time putting it away!!  I promise to use a different set tomorrow!!

CASology // #456 ...A cue card challenge!!  The cue for this challenge is...AFFECTION!!  Affection is shown in so many ways...romantic, friendship, family and many more.  I made 2 for his challenge, a romantic one with my Hey, handsome card that I posted several days ago and today I made a friendship one.

Card #2 was inspired by 2 challenges...

Color Throwdown // #ctd679 ...A color challenge!! The trio of colors for this challenge...blue, green, and gold.  I used Stampin Up's Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green, and for my gold I used gold embossing powder and thread.

As You See It // #AYSI268 ...A fill in the blank challenge!!  My favorite technique is_______.  EMBOSSING!! Whether it is heat or dry...I love them both!!  I feel like they really add a WOW effect to any card!!  For today's card I used both!!


Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)



10 comments:

  1. Sweet cards!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the sketch in your fist card by stamping the leaves then layering up wih the die. And using the same set lots if times is great-just shows how creative you are. Love you made this a friendship card and joined us at CASology xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both beautiful! I love your "aquarium" card, that's a great take on our sketch! Love that cute sentiment too :) Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fishy take on our sketch this week DJ - awesome sentiment too! Thanks for playing along over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, who doesn't love embossing! Like you, I love them both. Lovely layout and gorgeous colours. Thanks for playing along with us again at As You See It,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heat embossing is always a wow - love the effect of your dry embossing too! Another fabulous paper-pieced elephant creation Sherri! Thanks for playing along with us over at As You See It too this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, DJ, I love embossing, too! Love how you've combined the kinds here, and what a gorgeous colored panel in the background! Such a fun layout! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pair of wonderful cards! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches and at CASology too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Embossing is the wow of stamping techniques isn't it! These are both lovely cards, dj! I love the colour palette of the second one, especially that blue and green water coloured panel! Thanks for sharing your technique with us at As You See It Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I am fully on board with embossing as I think use it on every one of my cards. I love the design of this card and that gold thread is the bomb! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails