Friday, March 15, 2024

A Vintage CASE & Encouraging Verse

 


3 challenges inspired today's card...

Alphabet Challenge // 08MAR24 ...An alphabet challenge!!  Y is for YESTERYEAR
!!  I decided to parts and pieces from a Tim Holtz package that I had hidden in my stash.  Most things with Tim Holtz name on it has that retro/vintage look and feel of yesteryear.  I also used a page from a very old song book that I bought at a yard sale...just for making vintage themed cards!!

Global Design Project // #GDP436 ...A CASE challenge!!  For this current challenge we are CASEing a card made by one of their team members, Jay Soriano.  My CASEing of this card: the sketch...the pieces and parts all lined up running down the center of the card.

Make My Monday // #MMM221 ...A theme challenge!!  SPRING!!  Butterflies fit the definition of spring perfectly!!  I love this time of year when you see them fluttering around!!  And the title of the song from my antique song book couldn't be more fitting.





Update:
How exciting!!  this card was chosen as a "top 3" over at the Alphabet Challenge!!  What an honor!!  Thanks to Meg & the design team for the shout out on my card.


Card #2 was inspired by 3 challenges...


Freshly Make Sketches // #FMS623
...A sketch challenge!!  This was a fun sketch to showcase one of my new stamps that I got during Stampin Up's Sale-A-Bration event.   If you follow me you know that I love all things nautical!!
                                    
Cupcake Inspirations // #CI589 ...A cupcake inspired challenge!!  These cupcakes are blue and orange and the color combo was perfect for this sun & surf stamp from the Circle Saying set from Stampin Up.                                     
Never Before Used Schtuff // #NBUS60 ...A "never been used" challenge!!  Today is the first time I have inked up this sun&surf stamp from Circle Saying and this verse stamp from Unity Stamps.  Two "never been used" stamps got showcased on today's card.

Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Deb! Love the vintage look of this one - and perfect pretty butterflies! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design with a vintage style! I always go to Tim Holtz to inspire that look, not my natural thing, although I do love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful vintage style card with gorgeous embellishments,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful cards. I LOVE the orange and blue. That stamped image ROCKS!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beutiful vintage-inspired card, I love the combination of musical notes, butterflies, and old sentiments. The addition of a key creates even more of a vintage/retro vibe, as if it was meant to unlock the portal to a long-lost time. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! I love the colours and I love the wave and sun. The perfect verse. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - perfect for that verse.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a perfect image for the sketch! Pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails