Sunday, March 3, 2024

New Challenge @ Sunday Stamps #SSC330


 
Today begins a new challenge at...

Sunday Stamps // #SSC330 ...A sketch challenge!!  This is a great sketch for layering up some of that designer paper stash that you have been hoarding.  That is what I did!!  I love this boho paisley print and it's color combination is such a fun one.  For a bit of added texture I paired the paper up with a paisley embossing folder.

How will you use this sketch??  How will you "raise the flags"??We can't wait to see!!  Hop on over to our blog and check out the great inspiration from the rest of the design team...I am sure you will be inspired!!

An additional challenge also inspired today's card...

Retro Rubber Challenges // #rrcb225 ...A "retro" challenge with a tic-tac-toe game board.  By retro they mean that they want us to use a stamp that is over a year old.  I used a Rose Wonder sentiment that  retired from Stampin Up in 2018.  My winning three in a row on the game board: patterned papers (retired DSP from Stampin Up...which makes it retro too), embossing (I used both dry embossing and heat embossing), gems (I used mustard colored rhinestone but they kinda blend in more than I like...there are 5 of them...can you find them??).


Update:
The card was chosen by the Retro Rubber design team as a "top pick"!!  What an honor to have this shout out on my card!!  Congrats to the other winners as well!!  You can check them out here!!

Card #2 was inspired by 2 challenges...

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge // #AHSC566 ...A sketch challenge.  Another great sketch for using up designer papers from my stash.  This sketch was perfect starting point for my coffee & friends card.

INKspirational Challenges // #IC310 ...A "mood board" challenge.  Macaroons need a cup of coffee don't they?!?  The perfect blend just like coffee & friends!!  To me the mood board had a vintage feel to it so I used some designer papers that had a vintage feel as well.  The color combo was also an inspiration to me.





Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)



8 comments:

  1. What wonderful cards. I love your boho paisley print - works so well with the sketch. I like the little flags you added to the envelope as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Cookies always need a good cup of coffee (or tea). The soft colors of the background are lovely, Deb. Thank you so much for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, so excited that your Sunday card was for Retro too - I SO remember this DSP - one of my all-time faves! So so pretty for this lovely sympathy card - sure to bring comfort... Love it, teamie! And thanks for playing at Retro Rubber, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mix of patterns on your papers here Deb - and yes, macarons do require coffee (or tea!) thanks for joining us at Inkspirational:Moodboard - Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the neutral tones of your coffee card--great use of the AHSC sketch. Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week.
    :) Marie
    AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Latte card is so pretty! Love the way you put the "coffee" together with the words! Thanks for playing along at AHS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Latte card, so fun! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails