Thursday, January 10, 2019

As You See It Sketch Challenge

I am very disappointed that the texture (Ruffled Dynamic Textures folder) on the black background is not showing up very good in the photo but it real life it is quite elegant. The inspiration for this card comes from the sketch challenge from the As You See It blog. I am loving the new Be Mine dies from Stampin Up...they are in the new Occasions Mini Catalog.  



Materials used: Stampin Up's Be Mine dies...Ruffled Dynamics Texture embossing folder...bakers twine...Real Red and Basic Black card stock...Verve sentiment stamp.  
3 Gifts Challenge:   (using Ann Voskamp's 1000 gifts daily prompts) a gift that is sour, sweet, just right//Skittles candies...they make me smile!! Cinnamon roasted almonds...perfect bit of sweet!!  Just right...my fresh ground, fresh brewed cup of coffee!!

4 comments:

  1. I can just see the effect of the ruffles folder in your photo - I'll bet it's much more evident in real life. I like the striking way you've used the pop of the red and white heart against that black ground though - it's great. I think it's a very clever interpretation of the sketch. Thank you for joining us again at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bold take on our sketch, dj, especially the use of the ruffled embossing folder. I can see it when I enlarge the photo! It's perfect for the sketch! And the red polka dots on the white heart really make a statement against the dark background! Happy New Year and thanks for joining us again at As You See It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Valentine card...love everything about it! Red, black and white make for a wonderful color combo and I can see your embossing just fine! I think the twine adds just the right touch, too! Thanks for sharing this at AYSI!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I love the clean background that allows the eye to be drawn to the die cut heart and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails