Saturday, February 3, 2024

Another 2 Card Saturday...

 


Card #1 inspired by 3 challenges...

Freshly Made Sketches // #FMS621 ...A sketch challenge!!  This sketch was perfect for showcasing my new Watercolor Melon set from Stampin Up.  A trio of sliced watermelon makes for a sweet take on this sketch.

Simply Clean & Simple // FEB2024 ...A clean and simple challenge!!  Pink is the theme for this month.  Strawberry Slush is a fun shade of pink and worked perfectly for these slices of melon.  After uploading my photo it looks more red than pink...in real life it is so very pink!!

Never Before Used Schtuff // #NBUS59 ...A "never been used" challenge!!  I got this new stamp set in the mail several weeks ago and inked it up for the first time today.




UPDATE: Design team member, Kim, from Freshly Made Sketches gave the sweetest shout out on my card!!  Here is what she had to say...Kim’s Choice: The three slices of watermelon that Deb created for the sketch are truly luscious! LOVE the colors and the soft greenery behind them.

Card #2 inspired by 3 challenges...

FarmQuest Challenges // #FQCB45 ...A country living challenge!!  The theme for this current challenge is porch furniture!!  Who doesn't love an adirondack chair on their porch!?!

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge // #AHSC562 ...A sketch challenge!!  I loved the stripes and had the perfect piece of designer papers for this sketch...it was left over from a pack of 12 x 12 DPS from back in my scrapbooking days!!

Made My Monday // #MMM218 ...A technique challenge!!  Use patterned paper!!  I have so much patterned paper in my stash...last year I actually put myself on a buying freeze for pattened papers!! LOL






Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)


12 comments:

  1. I think I'm in love with the watercolor watermelon! So pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fantastic, DJ!!! First of all, I'm grateful for your continued participation at FarmQuest and love the Adirondack chair! The striped paper is your faux rug! :) Great idea for the current FQCB theme! And if you'd like, the watermelon card would be a wonderful entry at the 2nd competition of FarmQuest HomeStyle Kitchen challenges blog. It has an anything food goes theme. I hope you and your crafting friends will check that out. Gratefully, Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card! I love that watermelon! Such a fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The watermelon is so awesome. Perfect for the sketch. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are so sweet! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, the melon looks good enough to eat, how fun!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Simply Clean & Simple.
    Diane SCAS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Simply Clean & Simple}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card with the chair - so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the chair, great card! Makes me ready for summer! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popped across from NBUS, to admire your entry which looked good enough to eat!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing over at Simply Clean and Simple this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A smart use of your patterned papers. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card. Thanks for sharing over at Make my Monday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails