Tuesday, February 13, 2024

New Challenge @ Shopping Our Stash #SOS515

 


Today begins a new challenge at...

Shopping Our Stash // #SOS515 ...A "shopping your stash" challenge!!  Our this theme for this current challenge is "put your best face forward"!!  We want to see some human faces!!  That is right...dig through your stash and find those stamp sets that include a face. 



For my card I pulled out a Newton's Nook stamp set that is actually a Christmas set, but I used it for a birthday!!  I have this chic wrapping up some birthday presents instead of Christmas presents.  A true example of using your stash!!  I also used an embossing folder that rarely gets used but was perfect for showcasing this chic.

We can't wait to see what you come up with for our new challenge that begins today!!  Hop on over to our blog and check out the detail.  We will also find some great inspiration from the rest of the design team that is sure to get your creative juices flowing.


Today's card was also inspired by 3 other challenges...

Festive Friday Challenge // #FF0152 ...An "inspo list" challenge!!  From the insop list honoring FAMILY DAY, choose 3 of the 10 elements given to use on your card.  For today's card I chose...twine, people, and texture!!


{PIN}spirational Challenges // #310 ...A Pinterest inspired challenge!!  For 2024, this challenge is highlighting a craft supply each month and the theme for February is ribbons. Ribbons...my little birthday chic has a ribbon in her hair and she is tying up her packages with a spool of ribbon...plus I added an actual ribbon to my card.


Try A Sketch On Tuesday // #TSOT640 ...A sketch challenge!!  This sketch was the starting point for my card and it worked perfectly for showcasing my chic for the new challenge over at Shopping Our Stash.  I replaced the accent heart & circle with a circle sentiment & little package!!


Verse of the Day: (courtesy of YouVersion)




12 comments:

  1. I guess you dug deep for that embossing folder, it's an oldie. Great when you can use a stamp set for double duty. Great card design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that folder might have been the one that came with my very first embossing machine!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I guess great minds travel in the same "circles!" So pretty! Your image is cute and you have given it a lovely presentation!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. This image reminds me so much of my Granddaughter. Thank you for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute image - great colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job of using a "Christmas image" and making it a "birthday image". Love the pretty colors you chose. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch on Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, you are super clever to use a Christmas image to create a birthday card! I have that same Cuttlebug embossing folder, but haven't used it in years... you've inspired me!! Thank you for sharing your card and talents with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like how you used your Christmas stamp for a birthday party, it's so nice when you have this flexibility with coloring. Adorabe image and fun birthday card. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for a birthday card, Deb! The embossing is a beautiful addition as well. Thank you for playing along with us at TSOT #640. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun card, especially since you were able to use a Christmas set to create it! Now that's being creative! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card 💐☺️ congrats, happy day

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails