Tuesday, January 27, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You




Here are my card for this weeks sketch challenge over at 2Sketches4You. I need some baby card--my stash was getting low. So I decided to do not only the Sketch but also the bonus sketch so that I could make a boy and girl card. My pink card is for Laura's sketch 18. I used Pink Piroutte, Pretty in Pink and Whisper White. The mother to be and the sentiment are from a clear stamp I picked up at the Michaels dollar bin. I used my Nessties to cut out my circles. My background is embossed with my Swiss Dots folder. I used Pink Ginghma ribbon to accent the card. The sketch called for a square behind the circle--I used a white piece of card stock, covered it with 2-sided tape and covered it with the ribbon, added a clear button tied with the ribbon. I think it turned out very girly and cute!! My blue card is sqare and I used Baja Breeze cardstock and DP. I used a white ribbon across the bottom and attached it with brads--the main image is stamped in Baja Breeze and punched out with my flower petal punch. The spray of stars in the background was created using a paper piercer and a white gel pen and then star bards at the end of each spray. I think this one ended up very boyish and fun. Let me know what you think. We are iced in today so I think I will spend some time stampin......if I can get to the computer (the kids and I will be fighting over it) I will upload my creations.

8 comments:

  1. WOW! I love making baby cards. Love that gingham and those stars. Fabulous, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are very cute Deb, thanks for playing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Great job on both sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!! I love what you did with my sketch, thanks for playing with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Deb!!! Great take on Laura's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious baby cards!! Great job with both sketches!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. These baby cards are adorable! Way to go on planning ahead ;) Seems like I'm always scrambling to make a card at the last minute.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails