Thursday, January 15, 2009


This card is a combination of the Color Throwdown Challenge (Riding Hood Red, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze, and Pumkin Spice) and the SCS Sketch challenge. I started with a Whisper White base and added 2 panels of Baja Breeze that I had run throught the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. My main panel is layered on Certainly Celery--the main panel was stamped with the Inspired By Nature stamp set. I used Pumkin Spice for the flowers and and added Riding Hood Red ink to the flower heads, the leaves are inked in Certainly Celery. I also went back over the heads using my Choc. Chip marker and added tiny dots. I then sponged around a masked circle to create my moon. I sponged in Riding Hood Red first, then Pumkin Spice, and then Baja Breeze. My sentiment was stamped in Choc. Chip. I used Jumbo Brads and ribbon to accent my corners and give that element that the sketch called for. Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek--I hope your liked it!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Deb, this is a gorgeous card!!! I thought I would use this set more often but I've run out of ideas. This has really inspired me again. Love the warm colors (need all the warmth from anywhere we can get it - LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! What a great use of this image and color palette! Thanks for playing the challenge with us and be sure to come back again!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails