Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jewelry Color Inspiration


My friend Teresa told me about this fun challenge she found so I decided to check it out. Wowsers!! What fun will this be!! Stacey takes a picture of a piece of jewelry that she has found and then the challenge it to create something using this piece of jewelry as your inspiration. She also will give you colors to help you. So it is like two challenges rolled into one--a color challenge and an inspiration challenge.





Here is the recipe for my card: I started with a Whisper White base, the background is a piece of DP in Tangerine Tango, my next layer is a piece of DP in Old Olive, and then a layer of DP in Baja Breeze. My flowers are stamped with the Polka Dot Punches (one of the Sale-A-Bration sets--coming soon!!) in Choc. Chip, and then punched out with the 5 petal punch. I added Baja Breeze brads to the center of each flower. The leaves are punched out with my Martha Stewart fern punch. I added white brads to compliment my white sentiment. The sentiment was cut out using my Nessties and Cuttlebug. I layered it onto of my Baja Breeze stripe ribbon. So here you have my inspired card:



3 comments:

  1. What a cool idea for a challenge! I will have to check it out. I love your card - great layout, images and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome Deb, i have not had time to work on mine yet...I think I will go do that now, luv, luv, luv this necklace! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous combination of designer paper and punches:) I love your take on the Jewelry Color Inspiration #21...thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails