Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our Creative Corner Challenge




I am a huge fan of the challenges from Our Creative Corner!! I always love to play along with these challenges. This week they have put together a sketch challenge.


I got the idea to use an Asian them. I stamped two of the Asian Painting stamps from Stampin'Up! (this set has been retired--but I love it!!) I punched out just a small circle from each one and colored them in with Stampin' Up!'s markers. Then I sponged the edges and layerd the circles on Tangerine Tango cardstock. I glues them on my trio of DP panels and it just seemed like something was missing. I pulled out my Exoctis Stitch stamp set and made some accent pieces--Old Olive leaves out lined with Always Artichoke and cut out along with a flourish stamped with Tangerine Tango on Tangerine Tango cardstock. Using my Choc. Chip marker I colored in the word only from my Kanji set, and did the same for the Chinies character in the upper right hand corner. I added this jeweled hat pin tied with Choc. Chip ribbon to finish it off. I love how it turned out and I know just the person who will be getting this card........Off to bed now!! It is not that late but I need an early bedtime!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here at work enjoying your blog music and oohing and aahing over this GORGEOUS card!! Love your flipped sketch and the way you combined the different sets. Awesome colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job. This looks so very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the way you punched out the images. Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is lovely. I like that it's not traditional red/black and also like the way you've cut the images out. Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Asian theme and you did it so well! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flourish! Great detail! Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful thanks so much for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!!! love your take on the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails