Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Goodies & Inspriation Challenge #165

This is my card for today's inspiration challenge over at SCS. I love how it turned out but I did not enjoy cutting out all the flourishes!! Someone needs to make a flourish punch......I used several stamp sets--I stamped Exoctic Stitch and cut it out--filled it over and glued them over the stamped flourishes from Priceless--cut out the leaves in the corner of Fresh Cut and glued them over all the other pieces. I think it ended up looking very much like the cover. I don't think I would ahve put Tangerine Tango with Taken with Teal--but I kinda like it!! I added a button in the corner as an embellishment. I have also included two cards that show off my new goodies that just arrived from the new Stampin'Up! catalog--scroll on down to see them. (the last one is my favorite)

I love my new texture plates from Stampin'Up! And yes they do work with the Cuttlebug if that is all that you have--Starting from the bottom up place Cuttlebug 'A' Plate, followed by the Texturz Plate, next the CS, then comes the SU Texturz Silicone Rubber and finally the SU Texturz Impressions Pad. I have tried it several ways and think this one works best. I love the soft texture that it give--it is not as defined as the CB folder but give a very nice impression! The DP in the card below is the new designer textured paper--FABULOUS!! Picture does not do it justice!! Okay the next card is my favorite..........

I just love how this card turned out, and it has so many of my new Stampin'Up! goodies packed into it--the diamond texture background was achieved with my new Texture Plate set, the corduroy buttons are a must have--2 piece of the new designer texture paper!! I just love new toys!! I got a new stamp set too, but was dying to play right away so I did not get it put together yet. I will be back later to show that off. Happy Stamping and have a great weekend. My kids are gone to Acquire the Fire this weekend so my darling husband is taking me out today--he did give me some time to stamp and blog this AM!!




5 comments:

  1. Yay! Love checking out your new creations with your new toys! Awesome textures and I can see my wish list getting longer - ha! Can't wait till club next Saturday! I, too, love the last card the best though they're all great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards!!! Thanks for sharing!!
    -t

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You've been busy. I love all of them. The browns and the flourishes. Doesn't SU make a flourish border for the Big Shot. Of course, they do. I have it. But I know what you mean. It's all one flourish and would be the same. But the texture on the cards are fabulous. I got the plates and was not a happy camper with it. Expecting it to be like embossing and not realizing texture is lighter than emboss. Also heard that if you spray the CS with rubbing alcohol, you get a much better impression.

    No matter. These are all gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Get well soon card!! They r charming!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all beautiful! Love the browns and blues..one of my fav combos! Wonderful job on the inspiration challenge...that one caught my eye too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails