Friday, January 30, 2009

Color Throwdown Challenge #27

Here is my card for today's limited supply challenge over at SCS: make a CAS card!! What does that mean?? Clean And Simple--it was fun to go back to the basics and just keep it simple!! I decided to use the Color Throwdown Challenge in this card as well. This weeks colors were Real Red, Brocade Blue, and Basic Black. The only black I used on this card was the sentiment. I know up against the other Color Throwdown Challenge girls this will appear very simple.........

You can also spend alittle more time, use a few more products, and come up with something like this one......


I stamped the U in Brocade Blue and cut it out--tied a trio of ribbons to the one side--attached it to a piece of Real Red that I ran through the Cuttlebug--added the MISS to the other side of the U, this piece I cut out using the deckle scissors--layered this main panel onto a piece of Brocade Blue that I also ran throught the Cuttlebug using the same folder--added a trio of gingham brads that I found at Target in the dollar bin (what a steal!!)--all of this on a base layer of Whisper White.
I think both card turned out good--in a pinch or for a challenge I like the CAS card, but the fun of putting together a more detail cards wins in my book. What do you think???

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the mittens in the corner on the first one and the striped ribbon! And LOVE the gingham brads on the second! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun cards - glad you could play along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love the plaid brads on the second one! Adorable! Thanks for playing the CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great cards! I'm with Tammy...I love the little mittens in the corner!!! Thanks for joining us in the Throwdown this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both adorable! Nothing like getting started on those holiday cards (which reminds me of the Christmas card challenge I have to get working on!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. AAAHH--these are both adorable! What a graet idea with the mittens & snowflakes! And I just HAD to have that "U" stamp set and haven't "U"sed it in ages! Great job & thanks for playing!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these cards are so cute!! Love the red mittens and the covered buttons. Yes, simple can be very effective and you've done it! Thanks for playing the Throwdown--hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails