Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fresh Cuts--Embossed Resist

Good Evening to all of friends in blog land. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I have had a very relaxing weekend. I am refreshed and ready for a new week to begin. I was not going to stamp today but my hubby was watching the game, my daughter had a friend over, and my son was at a friends so I decided I would stamp!! The Our Creative Corner challenge was frist on my list of things to work on, so here you have it. This weeks challenge was to use the Emboss Resist technique. I stared with my image (Fresh Cuts from Stampin'Up!) embossed with Pretty Pearls and then instead of spongeing my color on I used my aqua painter and watercolored over my embossed image. I used More Mustard, Old Olive, Ruby Red, and Creamy Carmel to give my image its color. I layered my image on More Mustard and Old Olive cardstock. Next is took the vine stamp from this set and stamped it on the background layer once. I tied a felt ribbon around this layer. That layer was then attached to Choc. Chip cardstock with 3D glue dots, and to balance off the ribbon I punched out two flowers that I stamped with Choc. Chip ink on Choc. Chip paper and attached them with ultra mini brads. Thanks for stopping by and having a look--I hope you each have a great week!! Can you believe it is the middle of Jan already??!!??

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What an incredible job with the emboss resist technique! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! That image was perfect for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT job you did using the resist technique! I thought about using that stamp and now, after seeing your beautiful creation, I should have!!! Gorgeous colors as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Deb!!!! Love the emboss resist look!!!! Great card!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails